Meeting Face to Face for the First Time?
I never knew that meeting a person for the first time face to face can be so difficult until last Saturday. I tried a new dating site I discovered www.sautidates.com and after talking with this guy for a while he asked me out.
“Good morning. Hope you’ve woken up well.” “Yes I have. What are you up to this coming Saturday? Could we meet for lunch, or go for a movie or dinner?
Without having a second thought, so excited and all smiling I said “Yes, I will create time for one of those”
Then came the jitters and questions.
“Do I really want to meet this man? What will I wear? Body-con/figure hugging? Loose? Trouser? Tights? Short dress or long dress? Skirt? What Will I Wear!!! How will I wear? Seductive, sophisticated, classy or just simple? What kind of hair will I go with or how should I style my hair? Should I put makeup or not? And if yes what kind of makeup? I mean OH! O God!
It felt like the Most Confused Moments Of My Life. I had to calm down and tell myself I GOT THIS. Ladies I know you feel me.
After calming down I came up with what to wear for any of the three options Mr. D mentioned.
Because of how my date ended up I decided to share some of the do’s and don’ts with you.
1. Be as natural as possible.
a) No heavy makeup like eyeshadows, fake eye lashes, contours, concealers, highlights etc.
b) Go for plating or your natural hair. So no wigs or weaves
c) Go for hairstyles that clearly show your face outline.
2. Dress as simple as possible #Don’t reveal too much – Avoid body-con or figure hugging clothing, low neckline cuts that shows off your cleavage, high slit clothing, and mini-dresses or skirts etc. this is because you are not going to seduce the person or to sell your body features but to get to know a person. In my opinion just wear anything you will feel comfortable when you are with your parents.
3. Dress for the situation. E.g. movies, coffee, lunch or dinner date have different kind of outfits to wear.
4. Wear comfortable shoes. Remember shoes can complete or break the outfit so choose wisely.
5. Put a little effort – don’t go with old and stained clothes but wear something flashy and good.
I’ve come to realize that we women make a lot of efforts to appreciate the person in terms of our dressing but men umh umh they don’t make an effort at all. Why is that? I feel they should make an effort too.
So below are the outfit options I had when going for the date with Mr. D. I wore one of them but I won’t say which one. Because of the rains I went for warm outfits.
I would love to know what you will dress for a blind date.
Or which are other fashion advice for a blind date?
This was my first blind date, which was quite an interesting experience thanks to SautiDates. Check their Facebook page to know about them.
- For dinner
- After work
- Casual date (movies, lunch, coffee)