It’s OK to get attached to your wardrobe for far many years. But there comes a time when your wardrobe is screaming on top of its lungs ‘I NEED SOME CHANGE, PLEASE CLEAN ME UP!!!!’. You just can’t ignore it.
Here are 12 signs screaming out that you really need to refurbish your wardrobe:
1. You’re still the ‘old Jenny’ from the block – You still clinging to the clothes that you bought 6-10 years ago. Your old friends, schoolmates and retired teacher can remember you not for anything else but because of the clothes you used to & still wear.
2. You’ve got torn clothes in your wardrobe – It’s time To get rid of them.
3. You have so many clothes in your wardrobe but you always struggle to find something to wear.
4. You can barely fit in most of your clothes. They are either too tight or have grown loose.
5. You have many stretchy clothes – They used to fit perfectly well but with time they have stretched.
6. You keeping the old clothes that you loved so much hoping to wear them someday. Let’s be real, someday will never reach so you better give them away if they are still in good condition.
7. You have way too many dated designs; it’s time for new designs. Are you clinging to some 70’s – 90’s designs that leaves your workmates/friends going like, ‘jeese’?? It’s time for some new clothes.
8. You no longer look good in your clothes. A look at yourself in the mirror says it all.
9. You’ve gotten old but your clothes haven’t. It’s ridiculous. How about some change.
10. You wear exactly same clothes to all events that you are invited. Lol the photographers can even tell. It’s time for some new clothes.
11. Your body has changed. If they used to look good on you some years back; they ain’t looking good on you now. Remember they are clothes for each and every body type. As your body changes; change your wardrobe.
12. You still wear same designs of shoes that are dated. O hell yeah, you know what I mean with this. Some have been repaired more than three times and are outdated but you still clinging on them. Kindly toss them away.
13. You pick the same pair of clothes whether it’s casual or official all the time. e.g your blue jeans always paired with a brown top because they go well.
Personally I have been doing some wardrobe clean up and giving some clothes away to people who need them especially the ones that are in good condition, and trash the ones that are of no use anymore. I used the above signs to trash what is of no use to me anymore.
Well ladies, if you can identify with one or more of the above signs; it’s time to change your wardrobe.
What are other telltale signs that your wardrobe need some change/overhaul? Drop them in the comment box below.