Wow this year has flown way too quickly, I can’t believe that we are in December already. I’m in bed recovering from food poisoning but I feel like jumping up n down with excitement to breathe a sigh of relief, like damn! thank God 2018 is finally coming to an eeeennnd. I really can’t wait to celebrate the new year#2019.
2018 has had its own share of blessings-like starting major and very demanding projects in my life-but so has it had major turmoil n’ turbulence that got me so sick of it. All in all, with the heart of a worrier that I’ve got,I’ve managed to sail through successfully and for that I’m thankful to God as I get into this last month with smiles. When I count 2018 blessings, I count my soon to be born baby 30 times ???????????? that’s why I can’t wait for 2019.
For a Quick reality check, here are the lessons that I have learnt this year 2018 in all the major dimensions of life. Physical, Emotional, Intellectual, Social -friendship & relationships, Spiritual, Environmental and Occupational.
- Trust your instincts/gut all the time. Pay attention to it. No matter how good something looks, if it doesn’t feel right…Walk Away. If you feel something isn’t right about a person or a situation, trust it that’s because it usually is. Your brain can play tricks, your heart can be blinded with emotions but your gut is always right.
- I quote “There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won’t anymore and who always will. And in the end you learn who is fake, who is true and who would risk it all for you.” Sifting the people around you is wisdom.
- True and loyal friends are very important, they stick closer than a brother, a sister or relatives.
- There are literally walking angels sent to you by God inform of persons. I got a few this year that I’m really thankful for.
- In the most difficult storms when you feel as though God ain’t there, Trust & believe Him the most coz that’s the time His grace is more sufficient to sail through. Pray harder, He is a great help in major life troubles.
- Be positive always. Look at the brighter side of life and don’t focus your energy on the negativity all around you.
- Take good care of your body. Exercise, eat healthy, get adequate rest, groom yourself, dress well and generally learn to listen to your body. Look Good, Feel Good
- It’s never too late to go back to the drawing board no matter how much time you think you have wasted. God wanted you to learn some key lessons. I learnt every failure is a stepping stone to great success. No bitterness, no pains, just lessons.
- SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE. Every coin you get save it, you never know when you need it the most. As you save invest too in smart deals.
- A person’s character, attitude and words towards you can break down yourself esteem. DON’T ALLOW IT. If possible walk away.
- Know your worth. If you ain’t getting your value in return or the person isn’t adding any value to you, bounce on. Chase morality and dignity only, not a person. Life is too short and precious to waste with somebody who knows not nor appreciates your worth/value.
- Never stop reading, especially self-improvement books and biographies of people who obtained massive success in life. You will not only become a better self but you also learn life hacks that the successful people employed which in turn will easen your journey.
- Focus on your goals, don’t let anything sway you amiss.
- Cultivate healthy relationships with people. Networking is one of the major key to succeed in life.
- Never compromise your values for someone. Often than not it’s never worth it. Keep your values and dignity intact.
- Believe in yourself. Be hopeful all the time, the day you stop being hopeful, is the day you stop living.
- Choose a career that suits your personality, interests and talents. Learn and explore new skills and careers.
- Finally be yourself all the time. Don’t act or pretend otherwise so that you be liked by people or to please a person, they are free to leave if they don’t like your true self.
Lol the lessons had to reach 18 to mark the year 2018.
Below are some selfies to welcome the new month with my grown tummy.
What lessons have you learnt this year? Share with me in the comment box below.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year #2019.
God bless you and keep you safe in this festive season.